when to apply
We will begin accepting applications for Spring 2021 Emergency Grants on January 1st, 2021.
All applications must be completed by 5PM (PST) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 to be considered for funding.
responding to community need
COVID-19 EMERGENCY GRANTS
Recognizing that our communities have faced new hardships with the global pandemic, the JA Community Foundation established the JACF COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program. You can view the list of our 2020 Emergency Grant recipients here.
Our latest round of Emergency Grants will be awarded in early 2021. For grant requirements, and to apply, read through the guidelines below.
1. Grant Overview
Spring 2021 Emergency Grants are one-time grants available in an amount up to $20,000 per organization for the purpose of providing services to the Japanese American and Asian American communities. You must be able to use these emergency funds by September 30, 2021. All grantees are required to be registered 501c3 organizations.
2. Nonprofit information
- History and Purpose of the organization.
- Copy of the organization’s informational brochure and project brochure (if available.)
- Roster of the organization’s board of directors, advisory board members, and administrative staff.
3. finacial information
- Line-item budget for project to be funded.
- Organization’s current annual budget (revenues and expenditures.)
- Organization’s most recent audited financial statement (if none, please provide organization’s most recent IRS Form 990.)
- List of the corporations and foundations that provided funding to your organization in the current year, along with their contribution amounts.
4. Reporting Requirements
Grantees are required to acknowledge receipt of grant checks upon receipt and to submit a report of project accomplishments by September 30, 2021.
In addition, after receiving a grant, when events that have a significant impact on the project occur before the scheduled reporting date, we should be notified immediately. Reports are required to contain the full project budget as proposed by the Grantee in its grant application and the same expense categories as the budget proposed in the grant application. An officer or other authorized responsible individual of Grantee is required to review the grant report for financial reporting and verify the report by signing the report and indicating the date reviewed.
Should Grantee fail to acknowledge receipt of a grant check and/or timely submit any grant report, the following procedures and penalties shall be applied: (i) The Foundation shall notify the Grantee in writing (the “Notice”). Grantee shall have thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice in which to submit the grant report and/or acknowledge receipt of the check, as the case may be. Grantee shall be restricted from applying for another grant for one (1) year after acknowledgement of receipt of payment and/or after submission of the report, whichever is later; (ii) Should Grantee fail to acknowledge receipt of the grant check and/or submit the grant report, as the case may be, within thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice, Grantee shall be restricted from applying for another grant for two (2) years after acknowledgement of receipt of payment and and/or after submission of the report, whichever is later.
JA Community Foundation does not fund:
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan political organizations
- An organization’s endowment
- Labor organizations, fraternal organizations, athletic clubs, or social clubs
- K-12 schools, school districts, or school foundations
- Sectarian or denominational religious organizations, except where the organization demonstrates that their programs are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free of religious orientation
- Sports leagues or teams
JA Community Foundation reserves the right, at any time and in its sole and exclusive discretion, to amend the foregoing Grant Application and Reporting Guidelines in a manner consistent with JA Community Foundation’s mission statement.
Apply starting January 1, 2021
We will begin accepting applications for Spring 2021 Emergency Grants on January 1st, 2021. All applications must be completed by 5PM (PST) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 to be considered for funding. You must be able to use these emergency funds by September 30, 2021.
Funding decisions will be announced around mid March.