Go For Broke National Education Cetner
Go For Broke National Education Center (GFBNEC) to enhance their exhibition of “Defining Courage”
Our grant will help to fund a formative evaluation, and exhibition enhancements for their permanent exhibition “Defining Courage”. This project examines visitor’s experiences at the “Defining Courage” exhibition, to ensure they will understand the context and scope of the Japanese American WWII veteran experience.
“Go For Broke” was the motto of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. The term was Hawaiian slang for risking everything for the big win in gambling — as the Japanese American soldiers did while fighting in the field in WWII and facing prejudice at home in the U.S. GFBNEC’s mission is to educate and inspire character and equality through the virtue and valor of World War II American veterans of Japanese ancestry.
You can find more information on the GFBNEC on their website.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road