GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Our next 2018 grant cycle will start on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Applications must be submitted online before midnight on Tuesday, August 28, 2018. Please sign up here for our mailing list and we will email you updates.
The JA Community Foundation is currently focusing our funding on the senior JA community. Priority for grants will be given to organizations that address senior Health and Social Services; second priority will be given to Arts & Culture programs. All grantees will be required to be registered 501c3 organizations and be located in California.
FUNDING RANGE FOR GRANTS
JA Community Foundation grant sizes range from $5,000 to $50,000 for new projects or improvements to existing programs. Grants cannot be used for ongoing operating costs.
LENGTH OF FUNDING PERIOD FOR A GRANT
Organizations may apply for one-time or multi-year grants. For one-time grants, grantees may reapply for a new project if demonstrative goals were achieved. Multi-year grants are contingent on submitted project budgets and determined on a case-by-case basis. Grantees may not reapply for funding while a current grant is open.
GENERAL REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
Grantees are required to submit a report of project accomplishments within one year after receiving the grant. For multi-year grants, continued funding is dependent on these progress reports. In addition, when events that have a significant impact on the project occur before the scheduled reporting date, the JA Community Foundation should be notified immediately. In order to apply for a new grant, your previous grant’s final report must be submitted and approved by us.
AGENCY INFORMATION CHECKLIST
The information below must be submitted online with the completed application.
- History and Purpose of the organization.
- Description of the project or program to be funded, including a needs statement and objectives.
- Copy of the organization’s informational brochure and project brochure (if available.)
- List of the corporations and foundations that provided funding to your organization in the previous year, along with their contribution amounts.
- Roster of the organization’s board of directors, advisory board members, and administrative staff.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION CHECKLIST
The information below must accompany the completed application.
- Line-item budget for project to be funded
- Organization’s current annual budget (revenues and expenditures)
- Organization’s most recent audited financial statement (if none, please provide organization’s most recent IRS Form 990)
JA Community Foundation does not fund:
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan political organizations
- An organization’s endowment
- Labor organizations, fraternal organizations, athletic clubs, or social clubs
- K-12 schools, school districts, or school foundations
- Sectarian or denominational religious organizations, except where the organization demonstrates that their programs are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free of religious orientation
- Sports leagues or teams
We only accept grant applications online. If you meet our criteria, click the button below to start the application process. We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your grant proposal.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES
Our next 2018 grant cycle will start on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Applications must be submitted online before midnight on Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
Sign up for our mailing list for updates on our grant process.