when to apply
LARGE & MULTI-YEAR GRANTS
Our large grant program has two application periods per year.
Check our Grant Calendar for current dates and sign up for our mailing list to be notified of upcoming deadlines.
LARGE & MULTI-YEAR GRANTS
1. Baseline Criteria
The JA Community Foundation is currently focusing our funding the JA community. Priority is given to programs and projects that focus on senior health and services, with second priority to history, arts and culture, and third priority to youth. All grantees are required to be registered 501c3 organizations.
2. Amount & Length of funding
Organizations may apply for one-time or multi-year grants. For one-time grants, grantees may reapply for a new project if demonstrative goals were achieved. Multi-year grants are contingent on submitted project budgets and determined on a case-by-case basis. Grantees may not reapply for funding while a current grant is open.
3. NonProfit information
- History and Purpose of the organization.
- Description of the project or program to be funded, including a needs statement and objectives.
- Copy of the organization’s informational brochure and project brochure (if available.)
- List of the corporations and foundations that provided funding to your organization in the previous year, along with their contribution amounts.
- Roster of the organization’s board of directors, advisory board members, and administrative staff.
4. finacial information
- Line-item budget for project to be funded
- Organization’s current annual budget (revenues and expenditures); and
- Organization’s most recent audited financial statement (if none, please provide organization’s most recent IRS Form 990)
5. Reporting Requirements
Grantees are required to acknowledge receipt of all grant checks upon receipt. Grantees are required to submit a report of project accomplishments on or before the project end date. Multi-year Grantees are additionally required to submit an interim report within one (1) year after the project start date. For multi-year grants, continued funding is dependent on these progress reports.
In addition, after receiving a grant, when events that have a significant impact on the project occur before the scheduled reporting date, we should be notified immediately. Reports are required to contain the full project budget as proposed by the Grantee in its grant application and the same expense categories as the budget proposed in the grant application. An officer or other authorized responsible individual of Grantee is required to review the grant report for financial reporting and verify the report by signing the report and indicating the date reviewed.
Should Grantee fail to acknowledge receipt of a grant check and/or timely submit any grant report, the following procedures and penalties shall be applied: (i) The Foundation shall notify the Grantee in writing (the “Notice”). Grantee shall have thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice in which to submit the grant report and/or acknowledge receipt of the check, as the case may be. Grantee shall be restricted from applying for another grant for one (1) year after acknowledgement of receipt of payment and/or after submission of the report, whichever is later; (ii) Should Grantee fail to acknowledge receipt of the grant check and/or submit the grant report, as the case may be, within thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice, Grantee shall be restricted from applying for another grant for two (2) years after acknowledgement of receipt of payment and and/or after submission of the report, whichever is later.
JA Community Foundation does not fund:
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan political organizations
- An organization’s endowment
- Labor organizations, fraternal organizations, athletic clubs, or social clubs
- K-12 schools, school districts, or school foundations
- Sectarian or denominational religious organizations, except where the organization demonstrates that their programs are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free of religious orientation
- Sports leagues or teams
JA Community Foundation reserves the right, at any time and in its sole and exclusive discretion, to amend the foregoing Large & Multi-Year Grant Application and Reporting Guidelines in a manner consistent with JA Community Foundation’s mission statement.