LARGE & MULTI-YEAR
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
We award mini-grants throughout the year and larger grants twice a year. The next grant cycle for our larger grants will start on July 15, 2019 and will end on August 15, 2019. Please read the guidelines below for our main grant cycle to see if you qualify. For information about our mini-grants click here.
Amount & Length of Funding
JA Community Foundation grant sizes range from $5,000 to $50,000 for new projects or improvements to existing programs. Grants cannot be used for ongoing operating costs.
Organizations may apply for one-time or multi-year grants. For one-time grants, grantees may reapply for a new project if demonstrative goals were achieved. Multi-year grants are contingent on submitted project budgets and determined on a case-by-case basis. Grantees may not reapply for funding while a current grant is open.
Required Organizational Information
- History and Purpose of the organization.
- Description of the project or program to be funded, including a needs statement and objectives.
- Copy of the organization’s informational brochure and project brochure (if available.)
- List of the corporations and foundations that provided funding to your organization in the previous year, along with their contribution amounts.
- Roster of the organization’s board of directors, advisory board members, and administrative staff.
Required Financial Information
- Line-item budget for project to be funded
- Organization’s current annual budget (revenues and expenditures)
- Organization’s most recent audited financial statement (if none, please provide organization’s most recent IRS Form 990)
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan political organizations
- An organization’s endowment
- Labor organizations, fraternal organizations, athletic clubs, or social clubs
- K-12 schools, school districts, or school foundations
- Sectarian or denominational religious organizations, except where the organization demonstrates that their programs are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free of religious orientation
- Sports leagues or teams
Starting March 15 2019, we will offer funding for projects that need $5,o00 or less.
Mini-grants are available throughout the year and are independent of our large grant cycle.
Organizations may apply for a mini-grant once per calendar year.
Our next grant cycle for large grants will start on July 15, 2019.
Sign up for our e-mail list for updates on grant deadlines and awards.