Kay Sekimachi: Master Weaver Innovations in Forms and Materials
Fresno Art Museum receives grant for their exhibition
Our grant will support the Fresno Art Museum’s exhibition of Kay Sekimachi’s Innovations in Forms and Materials. Sekimachi is a pioneer in the fiber art movement, known for her innovative techniques, her work draws themes from the natural world, her travels, and her Japanese heritage. The exhibition comes at a time when Kay’s work has been experiencing a resurgence of interest within the art community. Some of the earliest artworks to be exhibited were created by the artist during the time of her internment and have never before been exhibited.
Since the spring of 1988, the Fresno Art Museum has honored internationally recognized artists with the annual Distinguished Woman Artist Award and Exhibition. The museum welcomes, inspires, and educates a diverse regional audience through significant exhibitions, thought-provoking programs, and meaningful interactions with artists and the creative process.
You can find more information about the Fresno Art Museum.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road