Kokoro Assisted Living, Inc. to build Rooftop Garden
Kokoro Assisted Living, Inc. receives grant for their rooftop garden
Kokoro’s new rooftop garden will be a therapeutic outdoor area for residents to visit with family or fellow residents, or to just get some needed sunlight. Residents will also be able to tend to their own garden, participate in activities, enjoy Japanese tea ceremonies or just relax.
Kokoro Assisted Living’s mission is to provide for the physical, social and spiritual care of frail elderly persons and to promote their health, security, happiness and usefulness so that they may continue to live within the San Francisco Japantown community with dignity and comfort in assisted living care. Their aim is to maintain the pride of the person, honor the past, embrace today, and have faith in the future.
You can find more information on Kokoro Assisted Living, Inc..
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road