Long Beach Japanese Cultural Center receives grant for their Long Beach Pioneer Project
Our grant will be used for the expansion of their full afternoon’s programming.
Coordinated and sponsored jointly by the Long Beach Japanese Cultural Center and the L.B. Pioneer Project Senior Services, the program offers a full afternoon’s programming – including a nutritious and well balanced meal, with gentle exercises, arts and crafts projects, games and transportation twice monthly to a target population of 26 of our community’s most elderly and frail seniors. As part of the program, they have introduced health and wellness resources and information, as well as assisting some participants in understanding and accessing benefits and services. With a steadily increasing number of participants, additional funding is needed for expansion of the program. They are challenging seniors to maintain their independence and to remain in their own homes.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road