Meals on Wheels by ACC’s Culturally Responsive Senior Nutrition Services
2017 September Grant awarded to Culturally Responsive Senior Nutrition Services, Meals on Wheels by ACC
We are pleased to announce our support for Meals on Wheels by ACC, and their Culturally Responsive Senior Nutrition Services program. Our grant will help Meals on Wheels to offer Japanese style nutritional lunches from local food establishments, and to provide a culturally responsive food option to seniors in Sacramento.
Meals on Wheels first started providing nutrition services in Sacramento County in 2010, right after the economic downturn. When the County of Sacramento could no longer continue to provide these vital services to seniors, Meals on Wheels by ACC stepped in. Now entering their eighth year of service, Meals on Wheels has developed a lean and efficient service structure with volunteers included in all phases of the program.
You can find more information about ACC Senior Services and their Culturally Responsive Senior Nutrition Services by clicking here.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road