Sakura Kai Transition to a New Site
Sakura Kai is moving to a new site
Our grant supports the Sakura Kai Senior Center by providing its members with an uninterrupted continuation of programs, as they transition to a new site. Sakura Kai Senior Center is currently located in the El Cerrito Senior Center, in El Cerrito, CA, where they provide programs, services and activities two Saturdays a month.
Sakura Kai’s roots lie in the ethnic pride movement of the young Sansei students of the late 1960’s and 1970’s. The students sought solutions to problems facing the ageing Issei, and they encouraged community organizations to create senior centers. Sakura Kai helps seniors maintain an independent and healthy lifestyle, through activities and learning opportunities.
You can find more information about Sakura Kai.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road