San Fernando Valley Japanese American Community Center senior class expansion
2017 Spring Grant Award to San Fernando Valley Japanese American Community Center
Our grant will provide computers and tablets as well as smart phone technology training for Japanese American, and JA multi-ethnic seniors. The program will teach seniors how to access important information, as well as help with daily communication with friends and family.
The mission of the San Fernando Valley Japanese American Community Center is to preserve the Japanese culture, and above all to promote the Japanese American experience with education, events, and activities for the JA community.
With this new program, technology classes will be available weekly as either a group class or as one-on-one sessions. Classes will be held at the Nikkei Senior Garden, or at home for those seniors who are not able to travel to the center.
You can find more information here about the San Fernando Valley Japanese American Community Center and their classes, by clicking here.
- Announcing our 2019 January Grantees!
- Kimochi, Inc. receives grant for their Kimochi Lounge Restoration Project
- Nichi Bei Foundation receives grant for their Senior Empower Initiatives Project
- The Pacific Citizen receives grant for their Archive Project
- San Jose Taiko receives grant to take their Swingposium on the road